Monday, April 9, 2018

New shawl pattern: Bougainvillea.



Bougainvillea pattern is available at introductory price of $1.99 until Thursday, April 12, 10pm PST. The pattern will be available for $5.00 after that. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bougainvillea-7
Bougainvillea is my third design in the series of Shawls for Friends. I designed and knitted this shawl (the purple one in the pics) for my friend JoKaren, who is a fellow knitter I was lucky to meet some years ago through Ravelry. She is kind, wonderful person, supportive friend and has a great spirit about her. She has knitted so many things for others and I wanted to make something for her. A year ago she moved from the sunny California to cold Utah and I thought the lightweight and very warm alpaca shawl will be perfect for her. Also, unaware that this shawl was for her, she suggested the name Bougainvillea for this shawl when I asked for suggestions on my FB page. I hope she will like this surprise shawl ;-)
The yellow Bougainvillea shawl I made for myself. It uses one strand of fingering weight merino/silk and one strand of kidsilk. For details on this shawl see my project page: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/deenulya/bougainvillea-2
Happy knitting,
Diana




 














0 comments:

Post a Comment