Sunday, February 27, 2011

New Design: Lemon Drops Shawl.


A month ago I came across a pattern that I really loved. It looked a little bit like a leaf, but had some interesting twist to it. I knew I wanted a shawl with this pattern right away. I had to change the lace pattern somewhat to make it fit into format of a shawl. As I started to knit the shawl I had no idea what to do for the border, but it kind of came to me at the end :-)) It was a truly spontaneous project and a fast one too. I knitted the shawl in a week :-))) The shawl was named "Lemon Drops" because the color of the yarn and the shape of the main pattern reminded me of that particular candy :-))) I love, love, love how it all came to together. I hope you like the shawl too :-)) I am writing the pattern for the shawl right now.
Project: Lemon Drops on Ravelry.
Yarn: Madelinetosh Merino Light, 4 ply Fingering, 100 % Merino
Needles: US 3 - 3.25 mm











14 comments:

Robin said...

Diana, this is just gorgeous! The yellow color is so sunny and looks well with the stitch patterns in the shawl.

irochka30 said...

Очень!!! Очень красивая шаль!!!

Madam Butterfly said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Diana! You are such a wonderful designer. Love your ideas and the projects that come out with such wonderful craftsmanship! Congratulations!

Katyusha said...

О, какая великолепная шаль! Молодец! Мне очень нравится!

sp-rono said...

Диночка, какая шалька красивая! Навнрное, у вас для погоды просто незаменима. Завидую белой завистью на вашу теплынь. И шальку такую хочу тоже.

Anna said...

Lovely pattern and it is absolutely your colour!

Cler said...

Дина, какой классный лимончик! как же у вас хорошо - теплооооо))))

Любаськин said...

Дина, шаль просто прекрасная!!! И рисунок, и пряжа - все очень "вкусное")))

Smitiha said...

Дина, очень вкусная лимонная карамелька! Очень интересный узор! ТЫ просто молодец!

Diana said...

Лида, Аня, Катя, Ира, Света, Люба, Анна спасибо вам огромное девочки..ваши слова окрыляют :-)))
Аня, я тебе инструкции пришлю когда напишу, если захочешь связать ;-))
Светик, у нас вообще-то было всего 15 по Целсию...мне было немного холодно, но мне хотелось именно с этим платьем сфотографировать шаль ;-))

Robin, thank you you so much :-)) I actually tried this pattern i light gray first, but it just did no look right, but in this lemon/yellow, it came alive :-))

Diana said...

Гулечка спасибо большое :-))

FadenStille said...

What a wonderful shawl, I love the color a little bit of spring, the pattern is so beautiful and the fotos too.
Anett

rosalia said...

The pictures are magnific!!

Diana said...

Anett, Rosalia thank you so much :-))

Post a Comment