Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Shawl Design: "Spirited Away"



Before going on my camping trip I have decided that I need a shawl project for the road. I had one week to think about it and start something. After several attempts at different ideas I settled on the shawl you see here. This is a sideways knitted shawl/scarf. I am using this wonderful yarn from Japanese company Noro called Maiko. The origin of this yarn remained me of how much I love animation of Hayao Miyazaki and I decided to name this project “Spirited Away”, which is the name of one of the Miyazaki’s movies. Some of the main themes in this and many other Miyazaki movies are pollution and ecological problems. I have used leaves and branches containing pattern in this project. Also, the shawl was mostly knitted and finished in beautiful settings of Huntington Lake and Mono Hot Springs (More about last stop on the camping trip in the future post ;-)). Therefore,  the name of the project seemed even more so appropriate to me :-))
I love how the shawl turned out. It can be worn as a shawl or wrapped around as a scarf. I see myself wearing this shawl a lot during colder months :-))
The pattern is in the works and I should have it ready for test knitting in 2 weeks. If you are interested and have the time to test knit, please write to me on Ravelry.



Project on Ravelry
Yarn: Maiko by Noro is a DK / 8 ply  with 35% Silk, 35% Wool, 30% Mohair  and 132 yards(121 meters) / 50g. I used 4.5 balls.
Needles: US 5 (3.75 mm)



Перед поездкой в отпуск я решила что мне нужен проект взять с собой в дорогу.  Конечно же это должна была быть шаль ;-))) У меня была неделя до отъезда и я, перепробовав разные идеи, пряжу и узоры, остановилась на шали которая тут представлена. Шаль связана с края поперёк. Я использую замечательную пряжу Maiko Японской фирмы Noro.  Мысли о стране где производиться эта пряжа напомнили мне о том как я люблю анимацию Хаяо Миядзаки. Я решила назвать этот проект в честь одного из фильмов Миядзаки " Унесённые призраками".  Одна из основных тем анимации этого режисcёра является тема экологии. Я использую узор с листиками и веточками в этом проекте, а так же, шаль была связана среди природной красоты Huntington Lake и Mono Hot Springs ( о них в следующем посте ;-)) В связи с этим названием проекта мне показалось очень подходящим.
Инструкции в работе и будут готовы к тестированию в течении 2х недель. Пишите пожалуйста мне на Равелри, если у вас есть время и желание протестировать эту шаль :-))


















16 comments:

elenalionne said...

Диночка!!! Какой цвет6 чистый изумруд! Видно какая шалька мягенькая и достаточно тоненькая. Ой, и листики я люблю! Красиво!

Diana said...

Леночка спасибо большоё за добрые слова :-)) мне очень приятно что понравилась шалька :-))

FadenStille said...

I love this shape, great work....
Greets Anett

Anna said...

Lovely colour and original design! I am sure you will be asked to write up a pattern.

Diana said...

Thank you Anett :-)) This was the first time I tried this shape and I like it a lot. The result is something between a shawl and a scarf and it is long enough to wrap around or just wear it loose :-))

Diana said...

Thank you Anna :-)) I will write a pattern for sure. It is a great way for me to keep my notes organized in case I want to re-knit a particular project in the future :-))

Madam Butterfly said...

Diana, it looks very romantic, like the wind in the trees! I like this structure and the leaves are beautiful. Good luck with the pattern.

Diana said...

Lidochka thank you :-)) I do love this shawl myself too :))) the leaves are very delicate and fun to knit :-))

Robin said...

Very pretty, I love these sideways shawls too! You are on a shawl roll I think. :D

Diana said...

Thank you Robin :-)) I loved knitting this shape a lot. Very easy to judge if you have enough yarn left.
I also think I am on a shawl roll ;-)) with my busy life right now that seems to be the best type of project for me and of course I just love shawls :-)))

knitus said...

Diana, as always - simply beautiful! Once I finish Tulips, will work on this one for my mom!!!!!

Diana said...

Марианна спасибо большое :-)) Я рада что тебе понравилось :)))
Пока буду ждать твои Тюльпаны :-))

Smitiha said...

Дина, очень красиво! Думаю , что тот японский товарищ очень гордился узнав как ты развила его идеи!

Diana said...

Гуля, спасибо :-)) рассмешила ты меня ;-))) ну может он платочек для жены закажет если узнает про мой проектик ;-))

aafke7 said...

What a perfect colour you have chosen: Emerald on my screen.
It's such a pitty I don't seem to wear shawls somehow. I have to do so one day! :)

Diana said...

Thank you so much Vera :-)) Green is one of my favorite colors :-)) I used to not wear shawls much, but now I love them..both, to knit and to wear :-)))

Post a Comment