Tuesday, February 20, 2018

New pattern: Queen V.


Queen V is an elegant shawl that features a combination of clean lines, leaf silhouettes with little nupps and a garter stitch border. The shawl is knitted bottom-up with the border done simultaneously with the body. Grab your favorite yarn and have fun knitting.
Introductory 50% off sale until the end of the week (Feb. 25th) 11pm PST.
  https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/queen-v




This year I would like to design and knit several shawls for some friends who have been kind to me over the years. Queen V is the first design in the series of Shawls for Friends with more to come.
My thoughts going into this series of designs for friends are:
1. to use the color I know they love and wear;
2. design a shawl to complement their lifestyle and personality;
3. make future blocking easier for them by keeping the borders easy to block, since most of them are not knitters;

I designed and knitted this first shawl in the series for my friend Victoria, who is like Queen mom to everyone and very generous and welcoming host. She said recently that yellow is her favorite color, so I hope she will like this surprise shawl. 
Happy knitting,
Diana








2 comments:

Post a Comment