Sunday, September 9, 2012

New Design "Cloud Nine".


Today I would like to share with you my new sweater design "Cloud Nine".  The sweater was done a week ago, but I could not take any pictures before because it was just too hot. Finally I took some pictures today. The temperatures outside were nice and toasty 30C (86F) ;-) Which is actually colder then we had all month of August.



I am over the moon and on cloud nine with this sweater ;-)) I love, love, love how it turned out.  It is everything I hoped it would become when I started thinking about this design and envisioned it in my head.  I wanted a casual sweater to wear with jeans, but one that still has feminine touches and fitted. I am not big fan of all the boxy and square casual wear that is popular now.  I feel that when it is going to be colder around here I will wear it as much as possible :-))


Construction of this sweater is seamless and top down with raglan sleeves. Sleeves knitted seamless to the armholes and then knitted flat and seamed. All edges are finished by picot edging.
For this project I have used one of my favorite 4ply yarns Louet Gems Fingering merino.










 



Project "Cloud Nine" on Ravlery can be found here

I will write the pattern as soon as I have some time. It has been very challenging finding free time for knitting for me lately. My plans to have this design test knitted at the end of October early November.



Happy knitting,
Diana

19 comments:

Smitiha said...

Диночка, поздравляю! Очень красивый свитерок и такой нежный, настоящее Облачко!

Diana said...

Гулечка спасибо :-)) Я им так довольна что не могу передать ;-)) он получился таким как я его и представляла и даже больше и стоил все два месяца что я его вязала :-))

Katerina К (the joy of ...) said...

Дианочка, поздравляю.
Мне очень нравится.

concitta said...

Потрясающий пуловер! Я любуюсь каждой выверенной линией! Диана, вы молодец! Я бы хотела его связать... Если можно, дайте знать, когда будет готово описание...

Yamira said...

Диночка, какой изумительный свитерок! Чудесный дизайн! Все детали так впечатляюще продуманы, что на ум приходит только одно слово - красота!!!
А еще тебе в нем очень хорошо :)

Иринка said...

Идеальная посадка, красивый свитер и красивая девушка )))

Cler said...

Очень симпатичный пуловер!

Светлана Ефремова said...

Симпатичный какой!

Unknown said...

Замечательная вещь! Ничего лишнего,и потрясающе элегантно!

Wioletta G said...

Piękny sweterek!!!! Pozdrawiam:)

Rinako said...

Диночка,замечательный,уютный свитер!!!

Anna said...

You should be over the moon, Diana, this is such a lovely sweater! Perfect match between the yarn and the stitch pattern.

Diana said...

Девочки спасибо огромнейшее от всей души за ваши добрые слова :-)) Засмущали вы меня тут комплиментами, но мне очень приятно и настроении чудесное :))

Wioletta thank you so much for your kind words :))

Anna thank you so much :-)) I do love this yarn a lot and have knitted form it many times. The stitch pattern is the same I have used in my "layered" shawl design. I loved knitting it and how it looks and decided to try it in this sweater too :-)

elenalionne said...

Оченьк красивый свитерок, Диночка! Молодечик!

Diana said...

Леночка спасибо большое :-))

sajuki, thank you so much :-)

Madam Butterfly said...

Well done! Beautiful sweater and perfect for an early fall.

Diana said...

Lidochka thank you :-) It is more as for late Fall for me ;-)) I am afraid wool is not wearable until late November around here :)

Unknown said...

Замечательно получилось - меня поразили проймы рукавов - так все продумано и хорошо село! очень здорово получилась отделка рукавов, горловины и понизу. Да и сам узор хорош :) В общем все детальки подошли отлично друг-к-другу.

sajuki said...

can't wait for your new post :)))
Greetings from Poland :)
Katarzyna


www.sajuki.blogspot.com




Post a Comment